Why should I get a Home Inspection from an InterNACHI Certified Home Inspector before I buy a home?
• Learn major and minor deficiencies.
• Learn how to remedy the deficiencies.
• Learn about up-coming major expenses.
• Learn Home Preservation tips.
• Learn how things work.
• Learn the current condition of the Home.
• Serving Grand Rapids and all of West Michigan
Our Basic Home Inspection Includes:
- The roof covering.
- The gutters.
- The downspouts.
- The vents, flashings, skylights, chimney and other roof penetrations.
- The general structure of the roof from the readily accessible panels, doors or stairs.
- The flashing and trim.
- Exterior doors.
- Windows, storms, screens.
- Stoops, steps, stairs.
- Porches, railings.
- Eaves, soffits, fascias.
- Siding and trim.
- Driveways, walkways and patios.
- Vegetation, surface drainage and retaining walls when these are likely to adversely affect the building.
Basement, Foundation & Crawlspace:
- Foundation walls.
- Floor Structure.
- Support Beams, Posts.
- The heating system.
- Distribution system.
- Energy source and heating method.
- Operated using normal operating controls.
- The central cooling equipment.
- Energy source and cooling method.
- Operated using normal operating controls.•
- Main water shut off valve.
- Water heating system.
- Toilets, tubs, showers, sinks, hose bibs.
- Water pressure and drainage at fixtures.
- Drain, waste and vent systems.
- Visible fuel storage systems.
- Drainage sump pumps.
- Water supply, drain, waste and main fuel shut-off valves, as well as the location of the water main and main fuel shut-off valves.
- Deficiencies in installation and identification of hot and cold faucets.
- Repair mechanical drain-stops that are missing or do not operate if installed in sinks, lavatories and tubs.
- Gas meter.
- Gas Lines.
- The service line.
- The meter box.
- The main disconnect.
- Service amperage.
- Panels, breakers and fuses.
- The grounding.
- The bonding.
- Switches, receptacles, light fixtures, and ground circuit interrupters.
- Wiring type.
- GFCI receptacles and breakers.
- Arc fault breakers.
- The service entrance conductors and the condition of their sheathing.
- Absence of smoke detectors.
- Service entrance cables, drip loop, clearances.•
- Hearth and extensions.
- Fuel type.
Attic, Ventilation & Insulation:
- Insulation in unfinished spaces.
- Ventilation of attic spaces.
- Mechanical ventilation systems.
- Bathroom kitchen venting.
Doors, Windows & Interior:
- Doors and windows.
- Walls, ceilings, steps, stairways, and railings.
- Garage doors and garage door openers.
- Overhead door safety reverse system.
- Cabinets and counter tops.
If you need a Grand Rapid home inspector, HJ Inspections is your best choice. Our work is thorough, so you can feel comfortable knowing that our inspections are designed to uncover any potential issues.
Harold Van Dyk, Home Inspector, HJ Home Inspections, Grand Rapids, MI, Certified Master Inspector