Harold Van Dyk, Certified Master Inspector
“I keep my inspection knowledge up-to-date, and staying educated it is of utmost importance to me. I have maintained a membership with InterNACHI, which has the highest standards and testing requirements for home inspectors. Giving you the highest quality inspections you can rely on is what I do best.” -Harold VanDyk, Grand Rapids, MI, owner and home inspector at HJ Home Inspections.
Here is a list of my qualifications to be your Grand Rapids home inspections first choice:
- Graduate: American Home Inspectors Training Institute.
- 19 years in the Home Inspection Business.
- Member in good standing of Grand Rapids Association of Realtors.
- IAC2 Certified (International Association of Certified Indoor Air Consultants.
- Certified Mold Inspector.
- State of Michigan Licensed Residential Builder (#2101156711).
- Member in good standing of the National Association of certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI).
- Passed InterNACHI’s Inspectors Examination.
- Completed InterNACHI’s Code of Ethics Course.
- Passed InterNACHI’s Standards of Practice Test.
- Abide by InterNACHI’s Code of Ethics.
- Follow InterNACHI’s Standards of Practice.
- Completed InterNACHI’s Structural Course.
- Completed InterNACHI’s Roofing Course.
- Completed InterNACHI’s Vermiculite Insulation Course.
- Completed InterNACHI’s Polybutylene Plumbing Course.
- Completed InterNACHI’s Water Heater Course.
- Completed InterNACHI’s Emergency Exit Course.
- I fulfill 40 hours of continuing education every year.
- Own and utilize high-tech equipment in the inspection process.
- I generate easy-to-read-reports.
Why choose an InterNACHI home inspector?
Buying a home is probably the most expensive purchase you will ever make. This is no time to shop for a cheap inspection. The cost of a home inspection is very small relative to the home being inspected. The additional cost of hiring a Certified Inspector is almost insignificant. As a homebuyer, do not let your Real Estate agent, or anyone else, talk you into skimping here.
InterNACHI front-ends its membership requirements. InterNACHI turns down more than ½ the inspectors who want to join because they can’t fulfill the membership requirements. (Note that it says “Inspectors” who want to join. There are inspectors out there who want to join the Best Inspectors ,InterNACHI, but can’t because they are unable to meet the membership requirements (education, training and experience requirements).
There are inspectors with joint membership in InterNACHI and one of the other well known organizations who state that InterNACHI has by far the hardest initial tests and requirements for membership as well as the most difficult and stringent continuing-education requirements of any of the organizations.
InterNACHI Certified Inspectors perform the best inspections by far. InterNACHI Certified Inspectors earn their fees many times over, and yes they generally charge more.
Do yourself a favor… pay a little more and hire an InterNACHI Certified Inspector in order to get the quality inspection you deserve.
Harold of HJ Inspections is the right choice for your Grand Rapids home inspections. Serving the Greater Grand Rapids area and all of West Michigan
Harold Van Dyk, Home Inspector, HJ Home Inspections, Grand Rapids, MI, Certified Master Inspector